Friends of the Upper Shores Library
Ocean County Library – Upper Shores Branch
112 Jersey City Avenue, Lavallette, NJ 08735
Our Mission is to:
Bring additional residents and visitors into the library so they can realize
“This is a great place!”
Encourage the use of the library by supporting its programs with additional funding.
Sponsor programs that are attractive to children, teens and adults year round.
Focus on expanded programs and attractive features during active summer months.
Provide capital gifts to the library to assist the Upper Shores Library Branch in delivering content, programs and activities.
Friends Support Programs & Events
Programs attended by over 2,000 children, teens & adults
Adult Programs throughout the Year
A Few of the Best
- Fred Miller’s Lectures-in-Song
- Eleanor Roosevelt: a Portrayal
- A Touch of Sinatra
- Jennifer Mylod & the Boys of County O’Cean
- Mummer’s New Year Celebration
- Traveling Literary Theater
- Alborado Spanish Dance
- Johnny Petillo’s Doo-Wop & Rat Pack Show
- Albert Horner’s Pinelands: A Visual Journey
- Oceanaire’s Barbershop Chorus
- December Holiday Open House
- The Roustabouts
- Flavian’s Mind Reading Game Show
- …and so much more!
Children’s Summer Programs
Some Major Hits
- Kit’s Interactive Theater
- The Lizard Guys
- Flow Circus
- Picirillo Sciencetelling
- Mr. Scott the Music Man
- East Meets West
- Chinese Paper Cutting w/ Hou-Tien Cheng
- Shadow Puppetryw/ Ron Sopyla
- Circus Minimus
…and so much more!
Friends of Upper Shores: Some of the Many Gifts
- 2015: Library’s 20th Anniversary - Card tables and a personalized 6’ tablecloth with Friends and Library logos
- 2012: Vizio large screen LCD TV & Blu Ray Player
- 2011: Portable PA system w/ wireless microphone
- 2010: Library’s 15th Anniversary - Storybook Wall Art: Rapunzel
- 2009: Reading Garden! A major addition!
- 2007: Outdoor benches
- 2005: Library’s 10th Anniversary - Digital Projector for Library Movies, Guest Memberships for Seasonal Workers
- 2004: Technology Package –Camera, DVD Player, Wireless Microphone
- 2003: Bronze Bench
- 2002: Sound System
- 2001 & prior: Pop-Up “Upper Shores Library” tent, “Friends of Upper Shores” canvas banner and many gifts since the Library was founded in 1995.
Help support our Mission with Upper Shores Library.
Friends of Upper Shores Executive Board
Dagmar Finkle, President
Bev Sullivan, Vice President, Membership Chair
Clem Boyers, Treasurer
Jean Troncone, Secretary
Elisa De Nicholas, Fundraising Chair
Anne Schneider, Corresponding Secretary
2015 – 2016 Members at Large & Committee Members
Joe Romano, Lavallette
Georgia Calderaro, Lavallette
Jean Green, Brick, Mantoloking Representative
Judy Ward, Brick, Mantoloking Representative
Joyce Kaskow, Toms River Twp. (Ortley, OB to Normandy)
William Kevish, Toms River Twp. (Ortley, OB to Normandy)
Annie Indahl, Seaside Heights
Sandra Lazzaro, Seaside Heights
Barbara McCarthy, Seaside Park
Maryellen Garlick, Seaside Park
Annual membership options include:
January - December
Individual membership, $10.00
Family membership, $15.00
Patron membership, $50 and up
June - May
Business Patron, 25.00 and up
Support Friends of Upper Shores Library (a
nonprofit group of volunteers)
Visit the library at 112 Jersey City Ave.,
Lavallette or call 732-793-3996 about membership, programs for children & adults or to make a donation.
General membership meetings are held four times per year.
Contact Upper Shores Library, 732-793-3996.
Glass Mug Paint Party
+ = FUN
Tuesday, March 28 @ 6:00 pm
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Includes: RT Bus & gratuity, $20 Slot*, $20 Food*, & Tickets to the Show @ 3:30 pm
“The Temptations Review”
Check back as events are posted throughout the year.
Also check the Town Events page for additional events.